Friday, May 11, 2007

D- Cas: New Madden Blog

Today, I fire up the browser at work, point it to the Madden web site, and click on the blogs tab. I still have to do that because EA SPORTS STILL DOESN'T HAVE AN RSS FEED. Anyway, D-Cas pretty much says that the last 2 Maddens on the PS3/360 blew donkeys. You can read the entire Next Gen Madden bashing blog here.

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a Current Gen (CG) player when it comes to my football gaming habits. I own an Xbox360 and enjoy playing it, but I always keep my PS2 and Xbox plugged in and ready to go whenever I need to get a game of Madden in. Really it has just been a personal preference of mine the last couple years- my friends all play CG, I work on the CG games, and I simply enjoy the way the CG game plays when compared with Next Gen (NG). I’m sure many people agree with me and others probably think I’m crazy- but even us developers are entitled to our own opinions!

Wow, even EA producers think that Madden 07 was the worst game ever.

So in the meantime I take a little harassment around the office- “D-Cas will be playing Madden 2025 on his PS2!” or my personal favorite nickname of “Low Def D-Cas.” Ya… laugh it up guys, the bottom line is that I play the games that I have the most fun with, not what the techno junkies tell me to play! Plus I remind them that I am not the only one who hasn’t fully embraced the NG game- just look at the message boards and you’ll see I am not alone. Simply put, I have always said that I will switch when I am ready to switch, and that will only happen when I personally feel I will enjoy the game more. Call me a NG hater if you want… call me stuck in past… I don’t care- when I go home I still want to play CG! And for the record I do own a couple of HD-TVs, thank you very much!

No comments: